Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Watch Man


When we were out the the other day with our Hong Kong friends, I told one of them, Elaine, that my watch had stopped. She seemed to know the exact place to go. What I assumed would have been an expensive watch shop, actually turned out to be this man who ran a small boxlike structure off to the side of a busy street. Apparently all he does is change watch batteries. I trusted him with my favorite watch and he had it fixed within 5 minutes, changing all 3 batteries for about $70 HK ($9US). And yes, my watch has 3 batteries. I know it's ridiculous. I just like how in Hong Kong, one man's niche is another man's business.

3 comments:

  1. I was in a meeting and noticed a woman's watch next to me had a totally off the wall time on it. It wasn't anywhere in America time. Turns out she was from Australia and kept it on Sydney time, which is two hours ahead of HK. Not being able to compute the time change in my own head, I thought she was totally out of her mind. So, tell me...I hope you've changed the time to HK time. Stay sane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, do you think Elaine would know a guy who can unlock my celss simcard locking :)

    -Simo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gangaur Realtech is a professionally managed organisation specializing in real estate services where integrated services are provided by professionals to its clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying or investing in real estate. Paito Warna Sdy

    ReplyDelete